A man in a handcuff who claimed to be a member of the controversial deadly cultists or secret cult members then Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State granted amnesty in 2018 has allegedly confessed and accused the Senator, Rochas Okorocha and his son-in-law, Uche Nwosu of being the alleged sponsors of armed group code named Unknown Gunmen that have killed a lot of persons both security Operatives and Civilians in Imo state and beyond.
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State had in 2018 accused the then Governor Rochas Okorocha of deliberately granting amnesty to wanted ‘notorious cultists’ whom Governor Wike said they were behind the New Year Day killings in Omoku community which led to the death of more than 20 Rivers State residents.
The man in a viral video said they were allegedly working for Senator Rochas Okorocha and Uche Nwosu to destabilize Imo state during the ongoing Christmas season and make the state bloody so that in 2023 no body will stand in their way in taking over government.
The man was being interrogated by people suspected to be security Operatives who refused to show face in the video.
When one of the persons interrogating the suspect asked about Uche Nwosu sponsorship, the man said he witnessed numbers of occasions when Uche Nwosu visited the armed gang in different hotels to give them money.
The man also said his willingness to fight the armed group made it impossible for them to destabilize Imo state as planned this festive period.
The man named one Honourable Kingsley Nju as the person passing message across to them from Rochas Okorocha and his son-in-law Uche Nwosu.
The man said he has never met Senator Rochas Okorocha one on one before.
Asked about one ‘General’ Felix, the man said after the amnesty he said they called them together in 2018 to grant them, then Governor Rochas Okorocha, Uche Nwosu and One Honourable Kingsley Nju invited the General Felix to work for them so that the suspected cultist would no longer have issues with them.
He said General Felix had about 9 Ak-47 but surrendered 3 to government during the amnesty programme.
He said Senator Rochas Okorocha, after the amnesty programme, allegedly used General Felix to solve political issues.
It would be recalled men of the Nigeria Police Force yesterday invaded Saint Peter’s Anglican Church at Eziama-Obaire community in Nkwerre Local Government Area of Imo State, and arrested Ex Governor Rochas Okorocha Son-In-law and the former Imo State Gubernatorial Candidate, Uche Nwosu in a commando style.
Shortly after the arrest, Senator Rochas Okorocha in an emergency press conference, said Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma is in the business of involving him and his family in the activities of unknown gunmen or insurgency in the state.
The former Governor said two of his security men and drivers were arrested not too long ago and kept in the Imo state Government House for 60 days.
The former Governor said he was told by the released security Operatives that different people were brought in and shot; the suspects were asked to say Rochas or any member of his family is involved in the activities of unknown gunmen in the state.
- Zamfara In War, Governor Orders Citizens To Get Guns For Self Help, Closes Markets16 views By Ibrahim Dosara Following increase in the activities of bandits in various parts of the state and the government commitment to ensure adequate security and protection of lives and property of the citizenry in the state, particularly during this rainy season, government has resolved to take further measures to deal with the recent Continue
- Troops Invade Unknown Gunmen Shrine, Recover Weapons21 views By Onyema Nwachukwu A joint security team consisting of troops of 302 Regiment of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Nigerian Navy, Department of State Services and Nigeria Police Force have dislodged camps belonging to Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN) at Idara Nnebo, Ihe Mbosi villages and Ukpor Continue
- What I Want Nigerians Living Abroad To Do – Buhari14 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Kigali, Rwanda, hailed Nigerian youths excelling at home and abroad, saying the country will welcome inputs and investments from compatriots with international exposure for the economy to thrive. The President spoke at a town hall meeting with Nigerians in the Diaspora on the margins of Continue
- R Kelly Faces New Prison Sentences Wednesday15 views World accepted greatest R and B singer, R Kelly may face more stiffer prison sentences on Wednesday over alleged sexual abuse of minors. R Who came into limelight in 1996 with his hit song, “I Believe I Can Fly” is billed to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Wednesday in Continue
- [VIDEO] I Want To Donate My Kidney To Help Save Ekweremadu’s Daughter, Lady Begs15 views A lady based in Ilorin, Kwara State, has volunteered to donate her human organ to save the life of Sonia Ekweremadu, the daughter of the detained former Nigeria Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. The lady who spoke with a journalist at Ilorin, said her decision to part away one of her kidneys was Continue