[Video] There Is No APC In Anambra, Those Joining Are Still In APGA, They Only Went To Collect 100 Million Naira Each – Governor Obiano
Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano has said those including the deputy governor of the state who joined the national ruling party, All Progressive Congress, APC ahead of the November 6, Governorship election in the state are still members of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA.
Governor Obiano made the statement while answering questions from journalists at State House, Abuja after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari over statement credited to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami that the federal government planned to declare state of emergency in Anambra following the activities of the unknown gunmen, killing and destroying lives and properties as a warning against the conduct of election in the state.
Governor Obiano said after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, the president shows no intention of declaring state of emergency in the state, describing Abubakar Malami statement as very unfortunate, adding, such is an assertion the minister shouldn’t have made as there is no basis for him to do so.
The Governor mentioned Imo, Zamfara among other states with high level of killings and terrorism that were not considered by the Minister for state of emergency and wondered why he’s mentioning Anambra state he said has been very peaceful for more than 7 years since he came into power.
Govornor Obiano described the current killings by unknown gunmen in the state as something that is being addressed.
In his words, he said Anambra state only have one political party which is APGA and the ruling APC has no present in the state.
He said people joining APC are only going there to collect 100 million naira each the party is sharing for membership drive.
Adding, the decampees are still in APGA, giving them more information about APC.
- Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In EdoEdo State Government under the leadership of Governor Godwin Obaseki has reduced till further notice days workers both in the … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In Edo” »
- Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLCNigeria Labour Congress, NLC has said it considered among others the social political mood in Nigeria arising from the last … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLC” »
- Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In BelgorodSympathizers who identified themselves as Russia citizens against President Vladimir Putin war in Ukraine have released videos showing captured Russia … Read More “Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In Belgorod” »
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »