Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano has said those including the deputy governor of the state who joined the national ruling party, All Progressive Congress, APC ahead of the November 6, Governorship election in the state are still members of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA.
Governor Obiano made the statement while answering questions from journalists at State House, Abuja after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari over statement credited to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami that the federal government planned to declare state of emergency in Anambra following the activities of the unknown gunmen, killing and destroying lives and properties as a warning against the conduct of election in the state.
Governor Obiano said after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, the president shows no intention of declaring state of emergency in the state, describing Abubakar Malami statement as very unfortunate, adding, such is an assertion the minister shouldn’t have made as there is no basis for him to do so.
The Governor mentioned Imo, Zamfara among other states with high level of killings and terrorism that were not considered by the Minister for state of emergency and wondered why he’s mentioning Anambra state he said has been very peaceful for more than 7 years since he came into power.
Govornor Obiano described the current killings by unknown gunmen in the state as something that is being addressed.
In his words, he said Anambra state only have one political party which is APGA and the ruling APC has no present in the state.
He said people joining APC are only going there to collect 100 million naira each the party is sharing for membership drive.
Adding, the decampees are still in APGA, giving them more information about APC.
- Nnamdi Kanu To Unknown Gunmen: We Are Fighting To Defend Our People, Not To Kill Them8 views Detained Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has called on Unknown Gunmen and other civilian armed groups responsible for the insecurity in the southeast states also known and referred to as Biafra land to desist from activities causing loss of lives in the states. Nnamdi Kanu made the Continue
- JungleJustice: Pregnant Woman Stabbed In Imo, Not Dead – Police7 views Imo State Command of the Nigeria Police Force has said that the Pregnant Woman, Mrs Sandra Onyema allegedly stabbed to death by an angry youth, Chikere Okoro at Nekede area of Owerri, the Imo State capital recently is alive, and she’s not dead as rumoured by sympathisers that led to the suspect almost Continue
- Buhari To APC Officials: Be Truthful, Fair To All9 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday in Abuja said leadership of All Progressives Congress (APC) will sustain the hearing and healing process that it started to ensure fairness, justice and oneness before the 2023 general elections. In an audience with some APC senators on the outcome of the party primaries and its Continue
- I’m Ending My Marriage Because I Don’t Want To Leave As A Corpse – ChaCha Eke24 views Since the death of Osinachi Nwachukwu, the Ekwueme music star, Nigerians are becoming more concerned about married women who are experiencing domestic violence in their marriage to quit. The latest to demonstrate the courage for obvious self defence to protest her life against possible life threatening marriage, is a Nollywood actress, ChaCha EkeFaani, Continue
- No Pregnant Woman In Our Custody – EFCC5 views By Press Unit The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been drawn to some reports in a section of the media, alleging that the Commission is detaining “a pregnant woman, nursing mother, others, over vote – buying”, consequent on some arrests made in the wake of the recent governorship Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]