[Video] Vigilante Kill 5 Persons Accused of Kidnapping In Edo, Human Rights Group Petitions IGP, Says 5 Burnt To Death Were Labourers, Victim Of False Information
A Human Rights group, Talakawa’s Parliament has petitioned the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba to fish out the killers of 5 persons accused of kidnapping in Edo State by vigilante group.
A video made available to the media indicated that the suspected kidnappers said they were labourers and they were arrested by the vigilante group at the place of their work.
Men of the vigilante group in the video accused the 5 persons of being the kidnappers terrorizing Otuo -Afuze road in Owan East Local Government area of Edo State.
Talakawa’s Parliament in a statement at the weekend jointly signed by its head, Marxist Kola Edokpayi and Secretary, Imasuen Wilson Osawaru said the suspected kidnappers were later found to be labourers.
The five Nigerians that were later discovered to be labourers were arrested, beaten and burnt to death by some members of local Vigilante Group and hunters who accused the kidnapping suspects of been responsible for the series of kidnapping at Otuo -Afuze Road, Owan East Local Government area even when they were not found with arms allegedly used for the kidnapping operation. We are yet to know the person that was allegedly kidnapped.the Human Rights group said.
The group also called on the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki to ensure effective training of men of the state vigilante group to avoid human right abuses.
The Human Rights group issued 72 hours ultimatum to the Nigeria Police Force to fish out the vigilante members responsible for the alleged killing.
- Plane Painted Green-White-Green, Arrange To Show How Nigeria Air Will Look Like – MDA plane Painted Green-White-Green with Nigeria Air logo landed in Abuja airport towards the ending days of the then President … Read More “Plane Painted Green-White-Green, Arrange To Show How Nigeria Air Will Look Like – MD” »
- Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In EdoEdo State Government under the leadership of Governor Godwin Obaseki has reduced till further notice days workers both in the … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In Edo” »
- Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLCNigeria Labour Congress, NLC has said it considered among others the social political mood in Nigeria arising from the last … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLC” »
- Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In BelgorodSympathizers who identified themselves as Russia citizens against President Vladimir Putin war in Ukraine have released videos showing captured Russia … Read More “Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In Belgorod” »
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »