A Human Rights group, Talakawa’s Parliament has petitioned the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba to fish out the killers of 5 persons accused of kidnapping in Edo State by vigilante group.
A video made available to the media indicated that the suspected kidnappers said they were labourers and they were arrested by the vigilante group at the place of their work.
Men of the vigilante group in the video accused the 5 persons of being the kidnappers terrorizing Otuo -Afuze road in Owan East Local Government area of Edo State.
Talakawa’s Parliament in a statement at the weekend jointly signed by its head, Marxist Kola Edokpayi and Secretary, Imasuen Wilson Osawaru said the suspected kidnappers were later found to be labourers.
The five Nigerians that were later discovered to be labourers were arrested, beaten and burnt to death by some members of local Vigilante Group and hunters who accused the kidnapping suspects of been responsible for the series of kidnapping at Otuo -Afuze Road, Owan East Local Government area even when they were not found with arms allegedly used for the kidnapping operation. We are yet to know the person that was allegedly kidnapped.the Human Rights group said.
The group also called on the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki to ensure effective training of men of the state vigilante group to avoid human right abuses.
The Human Rights group issued 72 hours ultimatum to the Nigeria Police Force to fish out the vigilante members responsible for the alleged killing.
- Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake StrikeAdvertisements Death toll from Monday devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria has risen to eleven thousand. President and Chief Executive … Read More “Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake Strike” »
- Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court RulesAdvertisements Nigeria apex Court, Supreme Court of Justice has ruled that the February 10 deadline for the usage of the … Read More “Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court Rules” »
- ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira NotesAdvertisements By Press Unit As part of ongoing efforts at ensuring that commercial banks comply with the Central Bank of … Read More “ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira Notes” »
- New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian TownAdvertisements By News Agency Residents digging through a collapsed building in a northwest Syrian town discovered a crying infant whose … Read More “New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian Town” »
- Ifeanyi Uba Donates Security Gadgets, Personnel To Anambra GovtAdvertisements By Press Unit Charles Chukwuma Soludo, CFR, the Executive Governor of Anambra, was in Nnewi North Local Government Area … Read More “Ifeanyi Uba Donates Security Gadgets, Personnel To Anambra Govt” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]