War Has Gone Digital – Nigeria Chief Of Army Staff Faruk Yahaya
Nigeria Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Faruk Yayaha has said modern day war has gone digital.
The Chief of Army Staff said wars are no longer fought only on land, air and maritime domain, adding, warfare has been taken to cyberspace.
Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya in a news release made available few hours ago by the Director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu said Nigeria required the urgent manpower to properly defend its terroritorial integrity in the cyperspace.
MODERN BATTLE NOT LIMITED TO LAND, AIR AND MARITIME DOMAIN – COAS
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya has said that modern battles are no longer fought only on land, sea and air, as warfare have been taken to the cyberspace. He made this known while inaugurating the maiden Digital Literacy Internet and Core Computing Certification Course (IC3) and the establishment of the Nigerian Army Cyber Warfare School (NACWS) Basic Cyber Laboratory on Friday 8 October 2021 at Giri, Abuja.
The COAS, who was represented by the Director General, Land Forces Simulation Centre, Major General Felix Omoigui said this development has brought to the fore, the need to properly defend the territorial integrity of the nation in the cyberspace.
Hence, the establishment of the Nigerian Army Cyber Warfare Command (NACWC).
According to him, NACWC and other cyber affiliated formations were established to combat cyber threats and cybercrimes within the Nigerian Army sphere of influence.
However, he said there is need for requisite manpower to effectively operate in that space.
This he further said, is necessary to build capacity that will enhance the proficiency of personnel to counter these threats.
He noted that to this end, NACWS among other roles, was established to provide specialist training for cyber warriors, aimed at inducting trained cybersecurity specialists to the NACWC and other cyber affiliated formations in support of Nigerian Army operations.
The Army Chief stated that the course was designed to equip the participants with basic competencies required to manipulate current and future Information Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure.
General Yahaya added that the nation’s security dynamics imply that efforts must be re-doubled with needed cyber products and competencies to defeat all forms of cyber threats confronting the nation.
He charged personnel across board to be resolute and patriotic in discharging their responsibilities in service to the nation and humanity.
He commended the Commandant of the school, Brigadier General Adewale Adetoba for the establishment of Basic Cyber Laboratory in the school, reiterating that it is a step in the right direction.
This he said will lead to the actualization of the mandate of the school.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »