We Have Increased Investments In Arms, Weapons – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has described as an investment; the purchase of more arms and weapons even when Nigeria is currently not in war with any other country.
President Muhammadu Buhari made the statement through his personal Facebook page today as part of the report of his presentation at the Mid term ministerial performance review held at State House, Abuja today.
The dictionary meaning of the word investment means; owning an asset or an item with the goal of generating income from the investment or the appreciation of your investment which is an increase in the value of the asset over a period of time.
Citizens are the ones that generate income. The killing of people never increase or generate income. In business, such act is a loss both to the victim and the government.
America and other developed countries invest in arms and weapons because they produce and generate income from the production of arms and other weapons by selling the products to other countries in need. But not mistaken the purchase of arms for internal security as an investment.
According to President Buhari, as part of the efforts towards strengthening national security, the government have increased investments in arms, weapons and other necessary equipment, expanded the National Command and Control Centre to nineteen states of the Federation and approved the sum of 13.3 billion naira for the take-off of the community policing initiative.
OsazuwaAkonedo reports that between 2015 to 2022 President Muhammadu Buhari had budgeted for Nigeria, the government have continued to increase spending year in year out for National security most especially, military operations; but within the years, Nigeria soldiers, other security operatives and Nigerian youths have been killed in larger number, numbering hundreds of thousands like never before in the history of the country.
Insecurity in the country have become the worst.
Many mantained the opinion that Nigeria insecurity is growing worse on daily basis because the President believed so much on military strenght in resolving family or internal crisis.
The action of the Military under the special assignment of Operation Python Dance in the southeast at the very beginning of the regime of President Muhammadu Buhari have been judged by many to be the reason why civilians formed an armed group often refer to as “Unknown gunmen” as a way to enable them express themselves and make their demands known in the geopolitical zone.
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB have said; many youths were killed by men of the Operation Python dance whenever the youths expressed and made their demands known to government peacefully.
Today in the southeast, many residents said hardly do you see any Nigeria soldier going home alone, putting on Nigerian Army uniform unlike before; for fear of being killed or attack by the unknown gunmen, an armed group suspected to be working for the actualization of the Republic of Biafra.
Many hold the opinion against Nigeria soldiers as people only good in killing innocent, peaceful and armless protesters like the cases of October 2020 ENDSARS protest and Shiites Islamic group while Boko haram, Bandits and other terrorists group continued to record progress in mass abduction of students and worshipers, mass killing of villagers and burning of houses and of recent, the invasion of military barracks like the attack on the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna; killing soldiers and the kidnapping of one military personnel.
Excerpts of President Muhammadu Buhari statement:
As part of the efforts towards strengthening our national security, we have increased investments in arms, weapons and other necessary equipment; expanded the National Command and Control Centre to nineteen states of the Federation; and established a Nigerian Police Trust Fund, which will significantly improve funding for the Nigeria Police Force.
We have also approved the sum of N13.3 billion for the take-off of the Community Policing initiative across the Country, as part of measures adopted to consolidate efforts aimed at enhancing security nationwide.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »