Nigerian Army said its men killed 5 ISWAP-Boko Haram terrorists and other members of the Islamic terrorists group ran away in a new attempted attack to infiltrate into the ancient town of Biu in Borno state after the terrorists had earlier during the week attacked and successfully took over Nigerian Army War College named Tukur Buratai Institute For War And Peace located in Biu.
Nigerian Army in a news release signed by Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, the Director, Army Public Relations and made available few hours ago said the ISWAP-Boko Haram terrorists invaded Maina Hari village in Biu yesterday and some of the terrorists met their waterloo and others fled after men of the Nigerian Army used superior fire power on them.
“Troops of Sector 2 Joint Task Force, JTF, North East Operation HADIN KAI, OPHK, have dealt decisively with Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province ISWAP terrorists, who made frantic attempt to infiltrate the ancient town of Biu, Borno State.
“The criminal elements met their Waterloo, when the gallant troops of 231 Battalion and 331 Artillery Regiment swiftly routed them in a failed incursion at Maina Hari village in Biu on Saturday15 January 2022.
“In the intense battle, troops unleashed superior fire power on the terrorists, neutralizing five Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists, compelling others to withdraw in disarray..
“The gallant troops also captured from the terrorists, one gun truck, one Deshka M Anti Aircraft Gun, one HK 21 Machine Gun, one Rocket Propelled Grenade Bomb, 137 rounds of 12.7mm Anti-Aircraft Rounds amongst others. Troops are currently in pursuit of the fleeing terrorists”, the army statement reads.
Boko Haram terrorists in had shown a video indicating heavy and powerful military war equipment in their possession which enabled them to break all barriers at the Nigerian Army War College in Biu, killing two workers and chasing Nigeria soldiers away.
It was gathered the attack was carried out on broad day light.
Although, the Boko Haram terrorists did not specify the date of the attack but it was learnt the attack occurred on Wednesday.
The war college is named after Former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai who is currently serving Nigeria as the nation’s ambassador to the Republic of Benin.
Biu community where the school is located is also the home town of the former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai.
- Corruption: Soludo Bans Politicians, Public Servants From Open Donations In Anambra19 views By Press Unit Governor of Anambra State; Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo CFR was at St Matthew Catholic Church Amawbia today 4th December 2022, as the church mark it’s 2022 harvest and bazaar in a style. While addressing the Catholic faithful, he urged Ndi Anambra to ensure they play their part in whatever little… Continue
- How Governors Pocket Monies Meant For LGA – Buhari8 views By Garba Shehu President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Abuja flayed the tendency of some chief executives to encourage corruption at the local government system, thereby inhibiting development at the grassroots. The President spoke at a parley with members of the Senior Executive Course (SEC) No. 44 (2022) of the National Institute for… Continue
- How Edo Received N18.2b, Delta N129.5b Oil Derivation Refund 2021-2022 – FG10 views By Garba Shehu Nine oil-producing states received a total of 625.43 billion naira 13 percent oil derivation, subsidy and SURE-P refunds from the Federation Account in the last two years, 2021-2022. The states that received the refunds dating from 1999 to 2021 are Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and… Continue
- Troops Burst Terrorists Armoury In Borno10 views Men of the Armed Forces of Nigeria have recovered alot of high precision mass destruction weapons in Borno State. Nigerian Army Press Unit in a statement on Friday indicated that the troops also killed several ISWAP, Boko Haram terrorists around Wajiroko-Damboa road in Borno. The Army in the press statement said that the… Continue
- Army Bombs Terrorists Gathering In Kaduna9 views By Samuel Aruwan Air component of Operation Whirl Punch has reported to the Kaduna State Government that several missions were conducted at various locations of interest in frontline areas. According to the reports, following credible intelligence of bandits gathering around Ukambo, Chikun Local Government Area, air platforms targeted the location and struck it… Continue