Nigerian Army said its men killed 5 ISWAP-Boko Haram terrorists and other members of the Islamic terrorists group ran away in a new attempted attack to infiltrate into the ancient town of Biu in Borno state after the terrorists had earlier during the week attacked and successfully took over Nigerian Army War College named Tukur Buratai Institute For War And Peace located in Biu.
Nigerian Army in a news release signed by Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, the Director, Army Public Relations and made available few hours ago said the ISWAP-Boko Haram terrorists invaded Maina Hari village in Biu yesterday and some of the terrorists met their waterloo and others fled after men of the Nigerian Army used superior fire power on them.
“Troops of Sector 2 Joint Task Force, JTF, North East Operation HADIN KAI, OPHK, have dealt decisively with Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province ISWAP terrorists, who made frantic attempt to infiltrate the ancient town of Biu, Borno State.
“The criminal elements met their Waterloo, when the gallant troops of 231 Battalion and 331 Artillery Regiment swiftly routed them in a failed incursion at Maina Hari village in Biu on Saturday15 January 2022.
“In the intense battle, troops unleashed superior fire power on the terrorists, neutralizing five Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists, compelling others to withdraw in disarray..
“The gallant troops also captured from the terrorists, one gun truck, one Deshka M Anti Aircraft Gun, one HK 21 Machine Gun, one Rocket Propelled Grenade Bomb, 137 rounds of 12.7mm Anti-Aircraft Rounds amongst others. Troops are currently in pursuit of the fleeing terrorists”, the army statement reads.
Boko Haram terrorists in had shown a video indicating heavy and powerful military war equipment in their possession which enabled them to break all barriers at the Nigerian Army War College in Biu, killing two workers and chasing Nigeria soldiers away.
It was gathered the attack was carried out on broad day light.
Although, the Boko Haram terrorists did not specify the date of the attack but it was learnt the attack occurred on Wednesday.
The war college is named after Former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai who is currently serving Nigeria as the nation’s ambassador to the Republic of Benin.
Biu community where the school is located is also the home town of the former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai.
- Activists Stage Protest In Vienna To Counter European Gas ConferenceExecutive Director of Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice, ANEEJ, Reverend David Ugolor among other human rights activists around … Read More “Activists Stage Protest In Vienna To Counter European Gas Conference” »
- Femi Fani-Kayode Attacks Obasanjo Over Iwanyanwu Alleged Statement Against YorubasBy Femi Fani-Kayode Fact that our reverred leader and one of the fathers of our nation, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, … Read More “Femi Fani-Kayode Attacks Obasanjo Over Iwanyanwu Alleged Statement Against Yorubas” »
- CP Orders Manhunt Against Unknown Gunmen Who Kill 2 Policemen In EnuguBy Daniel Ndukwe Police Operatives serving in Uwani Police Division of Enugu State Command, while on routine stop and search … Read More “CP Orders Manhunt Against Unknown Gunmen Who Kill 2 Policemen In Enugu” »
- NDLEA Arrests Businessman Who Conceal Cocaine In Bags’ Handles, SlippersBy Press Unit Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have arrested a businessman, Molokwu Nwachukwu, who frelquents … Read More “NDLEA Arrests Businessman Who Conceal Cocaine In Bags’ Handles, Slippers” »
- Ex NIMASA DG Akpobolokemi Knows Fate May 5 As EFCC Re-arraigns Ex PDP Chairman SonBy Press Unit Justice R.I.B Adebiyi of the State High Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos, on Friday, March 24, 2023, … Read More “Ex NIMASA DG Akpobolokemi Knows Fate May 5 As EFCC Re-arraigns Ex PDP Chairman Son” »