Nigeria Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba has expressed anger over police signal or order asking female police officers whose husbands are civilians to leave the police barracks in Enugu state effect from January 31, 2022.
The Inspector General of Police in a statement signed by the Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba and made available yesterday indicated that the IGP has set up investigative panel into the viral police signal or directive asking female police officers residing with their civilian spouses in the barrack to leave.
“The IGP, who is miffed with the said “directive”, described it as unlawful, discriminatory, obnoxious, reprehensive and totally out of tune with the concept of equality as enshrined in our Constitution.
“He noted that the “directive” is not in line with the Force Gender Policy which institutionalizes gender mainstreaming as a core value in the Nigeria Police Force.
“The IGP further noted that a Police Force that has produced several top-ranking, successful female officers, including Deputy Inspectors General of Police (DIGs), Assistant Inspectors General of Police (AIGs), State Command Commissioners of Police, Area Commanders, DPOs, eminent Spokespersons, an Olympic Gold Medallist, amongst others, will never walk such a retrogressive path”, the statement reads.
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba assured that no female Police Officer in Police Barracks across the country would be ejected for residing with civilian spouse.
“The IGP has ordered the Force Provost Marshal to carry out immediate investigations into the viral document and assures stern disciplinary action against any person(s) found wanting.
“He calls on members of the public, particularly, female Police Officers and their families, who might have become disturbed as a result of the unconscientious directive, to ignore same as the said illegal order is null and void and of no effect whatsoever”, the IGP said.
The IGP further assures that the Force remains committed to advancing the general well-being, rights and privileges of its personnel, irrespective of rank or gender.
- House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, DaughterLagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja Area has sentenced to death by hanging, a domestic staff, Joseph Ogbu, for … Read More “House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, Daughter” »
- Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno OmokriBy Reno Omokri People died from a mass shooting in America 2 days ago. You don’t see Americans saying ‘America … Read More “Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno Omokri” »
- Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – BuhariBy Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday declared that the discovery and drilling of oil in Nasarawa State will … Read More “Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – Buhari” »
- Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, FireworksBy Abdullahi Kiyawa Kano State Police Command under the leadership of CP Mamman Dauda, congratulates the Muslim Umma for witnessing … Read More “Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, Fireworks” »
- Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – PoliceBy Daniel Ndukwe Police Operatives serving in Nsukka Area Command of Enugu State Police Command, acting on credible information and … Read More “Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – Police” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]