The remains of the former Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army, late Major General Huseini Ahmed has been laid to rest at Guards Brigade Cemetery Abuja.
Late Major General Huseini Ahmed was killed on 15 July 2021 by unknown gunmen while travelling on Lokaja -Abuja road.
In his remarks during the funeral rites, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya described the late senior officer as an articulate, dedicated, loyal and highly professional officer in the discharge of his duties.
He eulougise the senior officer for his sterling qualities and immeasurable contributions to the Nigerian Army while he was alive.
Major General Ahmed was born on 16 February 1968 in Maiduguri.
He hails from Maiduguri Local Government Area of Borno State.
He attended Yelwa Comprehensive Secondary School Makurdi, where he obtained his Senior Secondary School Certificate of Education.
He gained admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (N.D.A) in 1988 and was granted Regular Combatant Commission on 25 September 1993 as a member of 40 Regular Course in the rank of Second Lieutenant.
He was of the Military Police Corps and rose to the rank of Major General before his unfortunate demise.
Late Major General Ahmed held a Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science and Defence Studies, as well as a Master Degree in Strategic Studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy.
He was one time the Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army and until his death he was the Director Veteran Affairs at the Army Headquarters, Abuja.
The late senior officer attended several courses including Young Officers’ Course Infantry, both Junior and Senior Staff Courses at the prestigious Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji and National Defence College among others.
In recognition of his meritorious services to the nation, late Major General Huseini Ahmed was honoured with several awards and medals including the Forces Service Star, Meritorious Service Star, Distinguished Service Star, Field Command Medal and Fellow Defence College among others.
The burial ceremony had in attendance, the Chief of Defence Staff , General Leo Irabor, the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya, representatives of other Service Chiefs, representatives of the Inspector General of Police, Chief of Defence Intelligence, Heads of Security Agencies, Principal Staff Officers from Defence and Services Headquarters, Field Commanders, Senior Officers both serving and retired, members of the Nigerian Army Officers Wives Association, the deceased senior officers immediate family members, friends and sympathisers among others.
@views exclusive rights: Onyema Nwachukwu, Brigadier General,
Director, Army Public Relations
16 July 2021.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »