More than 20000 people have been confirmed dead following the earthquake that struck Turkey and Syria on Monday.
Not less than 17,134 people had been pronounced dead in Turkey, a figure that surpasses the death toll from a traumatic 1999 earthquake in the country.
While authorities in Syria, reported 3,317 deaths.
Videos shows rescue teams battled snow and freezing temperatures to search for more survivors following the two earthquakes in Turkey and Syria as hopes faded of finding more people alive on the fourth day.
Videos show people mostly rescue workers staying silent with their ears completely on the ground for possible location of any survivor in the rubbles.
People in Adana on Wednesday stayed silent so that emergency workers could hear where survivors were located under the debris.
Meanwhile, about sixteen babies have been rescued from the rubbles.
Babies who were rescued after the earthquakes struck Turkey and Syria were transported to Turkey’s capital, Ankara.DailyMail on Thursday, two of the babies were removed from debris caused by the earthquake and they are yet to be identified while the other 14 babies were being treated at hospitals in Kahramanmaras at the time of the quake but authorities are stil unable to reach their families.
DailyMail on Thursday reported that two of the babies were removed from the debris caused by the earthquake and they are yet to be identified while the other 14 babies were being treated at hospitals in Kahramanmaras at the time of the quake but authorities are stil unable to reach their families.
Following the devastating 7.8 and 7.5-magnitude tremors on Monday, President Recep Erdogan’s plane was used to transport the 16 babies from Kahramanmaras to the Turkish capital.
Also, the White Helmets rescue team in Syria rescued a boy earlier in the morning from the rubble as rescue efforts continue for the fourth day after a devastating earthquakes struck Turkey and Syria.
Hundreds remain trapped under rubble as what’s considered the critical 72-hour window to rescue them ended early Thursday morning.
The 7.8 magnitude earthquake, followed by another 7.5 magnitude earthquake, affected at least 23 million people, flattening hundreds of buildings and leaving many still stuck under rubble.
Search and rescue efforts continue at Metin Tamer Site in the center of Osmaniye, Turkey on Thursday.
It was gathered that the rescue crews in Turkey and Syria raced against time Thursday and a lack of equipment to find survivors buried in the rubble of buildings toppled by powerful earthquakes that struck the region Monday and left more than 20,400 people dead so far.
Turkey disaster management agency said Thursday that about 110,000 personnel are involved in rescue efforts and 5,500 vehicles such as tractors, cranes, bulldozers and excavators have been shipped to assist the country reeling from the earthquake.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan visited the area near the quake’s epicenter close to the city of Gaziantep and the Turkey-Syria border.
The President was faced with the mounting frustration of survivors looking for their loved ones or for aid from the government by acknowledging problems with the emergency response to Monday’s 7.8 magnitude quake.
“It is not possible to be prepared for such a disaster,” Erdogan said.
“We will not leave any of our citizens uncared for.”
He pointed to the winter weather and how the earthquake had destroyed the runway at Hatay’s airport as things that disrupted the response.