Herdsmen: My Brother, Olajide Sowore’s Killing Will Not Delay Their Day Of Justice – Omoyele Sowore
Founder and Publisher of Saharareporters, Omoyele Sowore has attributed the killing of his younger brother, Olajide Sowore to kidnappers he suspected to be herdsmen.
Omoyele Sowore in a statement yesterday said the death of his younger brother will not delay the day of judgement for the killers he suspected to be herdsmen.
Omoyele said his younger brother never believed in education but he rescinded his perception about education almost at the age of 50, adding, only for him to be killed while returning from school he never wanted.
“My immediate younger brother, Olajide Sowore was today shot and killed near Okada in Edo state by reportedly herdsmen /kidnappers on his way from Igbinedion University in Edo sate where he is studying Pharmacy.
“They snuffed out the life yet another real human being!
Rest In Power, “Dr. Mamiye!”
“This act in itself will not delay their day of justice.
“I traveled widely with you and our father as a little kid. You were the most loved robust kid I ever first knew. You, Mr. magnet had no enemy!
“You, Mr. Sunshine Foundation who made everyone happy.
“You, the boy who snuck out his older ones to parties, taking all the blames when our disciplinarian father found out.
“You, the guy who was an out-of-the-box thinker who decided school wasn’t for you and created (your) own genre of music and then turned around to go to school after you almost turned 50!
“You lived your life so that everyone could be alright but now assassinated by everything that’s not alright!
“Saddest day yet!” Omoyele Sowore said in quote.
It would be recalled Edo State Command of the Nigeria Police Force confirmed the kidnapping of numbers of persons at Isiuwa area along the Benin-Ibadan-Lagos Expressway closer to Okada University community, killing Oladije Sowore, a pharmaceutical student of the Igbinedion University and younger brother to the publisher of Saharareporters at the spot this morning.
- Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In EdoEdo State Government under the leadership of Governor Godwin Obaseki has reduced till further notice days workers both in the … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In Edo” »
- Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLCNigeria Labour Congress, NLC has said it considered among others the social political mood in Nigeria arising from the last … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLC” »
- Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In BelgorodSympathizers who identified themselves as Russia citizens against President Vladimir Putin war in Ukraine have released videos showing captured Russia … Read More “Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In Belgorod” »
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »