Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice, ANEEJ, leaders and other indigenes of Oghede community in Edo State have staged a peaceful protest against personnel of the Nigerian Army over alleged land grabbing and torturing of community members by soldiers attached to Ekehuan military barrack.
The human rights group and members of the community with placards of various inscriptions expressed their griviances today in protest along the ever busy Ekehuan road to the press centre of Edo state Chapter of Nigeria Union of Journalists in Benin City, the Edo state capital.
Oghede community while protesting along the Upper Ekehuan road said they decided to organize the protest against ancestral land grab and torturing by the Nigerian Army, Ekehuan barrack cantonment.
The community also accused the Nigeria military authority of destruction of over 100 buildings belonging to them.
”This is totally unacceptable”, the community representatives and ANEEJ Executive Director, Reverend David Ugolor call on the Edo State government to come to the rescue of the Oghede people.
Both elderly women and young in the community joined in the protest.
The community said they seek nothing but peace.
- Tracing Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Obeta Road To PrisonIt is no longer news that a United Kingdom, UK court presided over by Justice Jeremy Johnson has found Nigeria … Read More “Tracing Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Obeta Road To Prison” »
- President Buhari Cautions Traders As Muslims Begin Ramadan FastingBy Garba Shehu President Muhammadu Buhari sends greetings and best wishes to Muslims as they commence 30 days of Ramadan … Read More “President Buhari Cautions Traders As Muslims Begin Ramadan Fasting” »
- LP Supporter Chude Nnamdi Arrested Over Social Media Statement – IGPOffice of the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba has issued a statement to clarify why Labour Party supporter, Chude … Read More “LP Supporter Chude Nnamdi Arrested Over Social Media Statement – IGP” »
- Soludo Asks Tinubu To Release Nnamdi Kanu2023 General Elections in Nigeria have come and gone. Elections in Anambra were generally peaceful, and I commend all the … Read More “Soludo Asks Tinubu To Release Nnamdi Kanu” »
- I Will Die Soon – OdumejeAnambra based Imo State born Prophet, Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere well known as Prophet Odumeje has said he will die soon. The … Read More “I Will Die Soon – Odumeje” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]