Nigeria Campaigner For The Returned Multi-Billion Looted Assets David Ugolor Elected, Heads Africa Anti Corruption Board
Executive Director of Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice and one of the Nigeria leading campaigners for the repatriation of General Sani Abacha assets and other looted funds kept in abroad, David Ugolor has been elected as Head of Africa Anti corruption board.
The ANEEJ boss, David Ugolor, for more than a decade continuously campaigned for the return of Nigeria looted funds kept abroad.
Successes of the campaign became more evident with the Nigeria Government receiving of recent the repatriation of the looted funds by the nation former Head of State, General Sani Abacha and former Delta State Governor, James Ibori.
Reverend David Ugolor was elected into the board of the Coalition of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption, UNCAC, to represent Sub-Sahara Africa Regional seat.
Managing Director of UNCAC Coalition in Vienna, Austria, Mr. Mathias Huter in a congratulatory message to the ANEEJ boss yesterday said David Ugolor emerge winner of the Sub-Saharan African Regional representative in the board.
The UNCAC Coalition’s board elections are over and I am happy to inform you that you have been elected by our members. Congratulations and warm welcome on the Coalition Coordination Committee.said Mathias Huter.
Also, Andrii Borovyk of Transparency International Ukraine was elected to represent Europe Regional Seat 2. The East Asia, Central Asia and Pacific Regional Seat was won by Pech Pisey of TI Cambodia. The Middle East and North African seat went to Mahdi Dahech of 1 Watch. The International Member Organisation seat 2 went to Gillian Dell. The election which started 7:00am June 28 ended 12:00 July 6, 2021.
Mr Mathias Huter in his message to Ugolor said he will be reaching out to the newly elected UNCAC Coalition board members in the coming days about scheduling a first call to onboard the new members and help them to understand the roles of the board, UNCAC Coalition work.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »