Nnamdi Kanu/Sunday Igboho: If You Declare Bandits A Terrorist Group, Nigeria Will Pay A Prize, Be In Ruins Sooner Than Later – Abubakar Gumi Tells Buhari
Islamic cleric based in Kaduna State, Sheikh Abubakar Gumi has said if President Muhammadu Buhari declared Bandits as terrorists, Nigeria will pay a prize and the Northwestern part of the country will be in ruins sooner than later.
Abubakar Gumi made the statement few hours ago.
Gumi said, Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB are already destroying the Southeastern part of Nigeria.
He added that Sunday Igboho has set the ball of confusion rolling in the Southwest of the country.
“Already IPOB are destroying SE (South East), and Igboho has set the ball of confusion rolling in SW (South West). For those who want to destroy the NW (North West), it’s a good recipe. Turn bandits into religious zealots. Tell me, what then remains of Nigeria?”, Gumi said.
Abubakar Gumi said if the Nigeria government declared Bandits as terrorists, the Jihadist movement will associate with them and many unemployed youths in Nigeria will be proud to enlist into the group.
He said: “Yet again, the only helpful part that is against Bandits is that no other than them are attracted to join them in the NW (North West) because of its ethnic tinge and coloration.
“However, the moment they are termed Terrorist – Islamic for that matter, the direct foreign Jihadist movements will set in in force.
“And many teaming unemployed youths may find it palatable and attractive. Shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ plus AK47 against a ‘secular’ immoral society where impunity reigns are the magnet for extremists and downtrodden – the majority of our youth.
“Already these deadly terrorist groups are fighting for the soul of these bandits. This will give criminality a spiritual cover and remove the stigma of discrediting them with such crimes since now they are fighting a ‘Jihad’ as they will claim.
“In such a situation, does the larger society -as it is- has the moral high ground to fight back? This is the most probable consequence, the price of which is not worth it. Nothing stops the kinetic actions from going on without the controversy of semantics”
Abubakar Gumi added that the activities of Boko Haram or Jihadist movement in the North east of Nigeria is still devastating for 12 years now in the country.
“NE (North East) is already and is still devastated by this madness for over 12 years. If we allow, terror, to set in into these raw naïve unexposed bandits, NW will be in ruins sooner than later”.
Gumi said sentiment in no doubts have taken over sensibility in today Nigeria polity.
“Declaring Bandits as Terrorists: will come with a prize!
“Nobody doubts that sentimentalism today overrides sensibility in our polity.
“For the sake of posterity, some people will have to speak out.
“The acts the Bandits are committing now in NW (North West) have gradually over time become tantamount to terrorism because wherever innocent people are fatal victims it’s pure terrorism.
“Yet, innocence these days is relative. We agreed if their children and women are also killed, they are guilty by association or collateral damage, so also the bandits may think the same way.
“It’s right for vigilantes to lynch Fulanis herdsmen or anyone that looks like them by profiling but wrong for the herdsmen to ransack villages in retribution. They are pushed to believe it is an existential war and in war, ethics are thrown to the winds”.
Abubakar Gumi said he has started to get the main bandits out of the terror acts, he described as misadventure, complained that he has fewer helpers and more people against him.
“I have started to get these raw bandits out of their misadventure but unfortunately, I have few helpers and a mountain of antagonists.
“The psychology in fighting natives is to induce a motive for their struggle if they don’t have one already, a motive that is manageable, and it is so managed. Unfortunately, reactions to threat in our nation is always slow and incoherent.
“I hope another Igbo clergy goes into the IPOB militants likewise and talk sense into them, and another Pastor of Oduduwa land talks against the Igboho secessionist tribal movement by way of sensitizing people to the values of a cohesive nationalism that will guaranty freedom, equality, and justice for all.
“Religious forces can permeate hardened hearts where secular forces cannot.
“Regrettably, people just sit down in the comfort of their rooms or parlors and make useless passing comments that only add fuel to the inferno of ethnic jingoism and bigotry.
“In the 21st century, Nigeria is hijacked by semi-illiterates and half-baked tribal heroes that have nothing to offer besides promoting tribal xenophobia”.
- 7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba NationHeavily armed group who identified themselves as Yoruba Nation Army on Sunday early morning simultaneously attacked a police station in … Read More “7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba Nation” »
- Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu SaniLess than few hours to the end of President Muhammadu Buhari led government, Senator Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central senatorial … Read More “Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu Sani” »
- Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno OmokriReno Omokri, former presidential spokesperson to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on New Media, has described President Muhammadu Buhari valedictory nationwide broadcast … Read More “Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno Omokri” »
- Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – AtikuPresidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and former Nigeria Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has described the Supreme Court ruling … Read More “Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – Atiku” »
- Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian AirlinesNigeria government under the leadership of the outgoing President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to deny the allegations that the planes … Read More “Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian Airlines” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]