Nnamdi Kanu Whereabout: DSS Goes Against Court Order, Refuses Lawyer, Families Access To Biafra Leader
The Department of State Services (DSS) for the umpteenth time, denied us access to our Client today, insisting that our request would be looked into and accordingly approved by their DG before we could be granted access to him.
On the 26th Day of July 2021, His Lordship, Honourable Justice Nyako of Court Number 2, Federal High Court Abuja, after listening to our application, wherein I raised serious concerns about the safety and medical condition of Our Client, whom ordinarily was supposed to be produced in court on that day, ordered that the Detention Authority (DSS) should allow us access to him.
Upon our arrival in their office today being the 29th Day of July 2021, conspicuously armed with the Court Order under reference, the officials of the DSS, though admitted being aware of the Said Order but directed Us to come up with a formal application stating the names of persons who are visiting, which request was promptly complied with.
While we awaited to be admitted for the visit, the officials of the DSS unfortunately came back to inform us that we should go and await further communication from them pending the approval of Our request.
Attached for your ease of reference is a copy of the Court Order under reference.
Details of the visit as worked out in His Lordship’s Chambers by Counsel on both sides and Representative of State Security Services, collectively agreed upon by everyone, is not stated in the attached order, which details is known to all parties on the modality of the visit.
I am not suprised by the conduct of the DSS who has the history of disobedience to Court Orders, but I am worried because, we do not know the present state of health of Our Client.
I cannot categorically confirm to the World the present state of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, as at today.
It is to be pointed out that Our Client is presently detained in DSS facility pursuant to an Order of Court, and another Order made by the same Court directing Our access to our Client on specified days, is unfortunately being flouted by the officials of the State Security Services, as they have no reason or justification of any kind to refuse us access.
We will formally communicate the Court first thing tomorrow morning on this unfortunate and strange development, and shall keep the World updated.
Should anything untoward happen to Our Client, the Nigerian Government and the Department of State Security Services should be held responsible.
Let the World and all responsible Foreign Government take Notice of this dangerous trend.
@views exclusive rights: Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Counsel To Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, July 29, 2021.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »