Why Boko Haram May Repeat Taliban-Afghanistan Scenario In Nigeria__Reno Omokri
It is no longer news that Taliban Islamic militants have regained and took over Afghanistan again on Sunday.
Taliban militants who took over Afghanistan in late 1990s were chased out by United States of America led invasion in 2001.
The Taliban militants again on Sunday took over the country after United States of America withdrew his troops.
The militants renamed the country as Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.
Reno Omokri, the former Presidential Spokesperson on new media to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan have been analyzing the situation in Afghanistan in relation to the activities of Boko Haram and the way and manner President Muhammadu Buhari is handling the situation.
According to Reno Omokri, Nigeria is ranked as the third in the Global terrorism index after Afghanistan and Irag, with the take over of Afghanistan by the Taliban, both Irag and Afghanistan are now firmly in the hands of Taliban and radical Islamists.
Reno Omokri said if Nigerians fold their hands, Boko Haram islamic terrorist group will achieve same thing in Nigeria.
The only two countries that are above Nigeria in the Global Terror Index are Afghanistan and Iraq.
And both of them are now firmly in the hands of the Taliban and radical Islamists.
Let us not think Boko Haram can’t achieve the same thing in Nigeria.
If we fold our hands, they will! Last week, the Buhari regime brought back hundreds of so called repentant ISIS (not Boko Haram, ISIS) fighters from Libya.
Please research it.
Many of the mujahideen that led the Taliban sweep of Afghanistan were released from Guantanamo.
Buhari himself may not mind a Taliban like regime after him.
He may see it as a better alternative to Tinubu as a successor.
We are playing with fire in Nigeria.
Repentant Boko Haram is one thing. Repentant ISIS is another!Reno Omokri said in a statement he posted on his social media handle today.
It would be recalled that International News media reported on Sunday that over 7 persons died while trying to flee Afghanistan soon as after the Taliban forces took over the presidential palace in Kabul, the Afghanistan capital city and the seat of power.
The fleeing Afghans ran alongside and clung to the side of the United States of America military plane as it moves and took off on the runway.
Estimated 640 persons were said to have forced themselves into a military plane estimated for 150 passengers.
A photograph showing the over crowded interor of the plane went viral and drawn many attention accross the globe.
The President of Afghanistan, Ashraf Ghani had fled the country in the morning of Sunday after boosting to resist the advancing Taliban militants on Saturday.
Internation Christian Concern, ICC, an international christian body for the protection of christians said in its report posted on its website today that the Taliban ideology is that Afghanistan is a Muslim country and non muslim must leave.
Adding, the Taliban will impose Sharia law.
ICC said christians being the largest minority group in Afghanistan with estimated population of 10,000 to 12,000 may suffer persecution in the hands of Taliban.
ICC said most of the christians in Afghanistan are mostly converts from from Islam.
ICC said christians remain closeted and hidden from the public eye to avoid persecution in Afghanistan.
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »
- Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In BelgorodOne of the Sympathizer groups, Liberty of Russia Legion fighting Russia military in favour of Ukraine has accused President Vladimir … Read More “Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In Belgorod” »
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »