78 Years Old Man Okala Joseph Arrested With Two Weapons Of Mass Destruction, Rocket Propelled Grenade Launchers In Benue
Nigeria Police Force has announced the arrest and paraded one Mr Okala Joseph, a 78 years old man for being in possession of two Rocket Propelled Grenade, RPG in Benue state.
The Police made the disclosure few hours ago after parading the suspect and others before newsmen today at Force Headquarters, Abuja.
According to Frank Mba, the police commissioner in charge of the Force Public Relations, the suspect was caught in possession of the two Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers in Makurdi, the Benue state capital.
Frank Mba said the police investigation indicated that the man is a middleman between criminal suppliers of the dangerous weapons and the end users.
Frank Mba said Mr Okala Joseph is currently assisting the police to with information that will it arrest other suspects and break the supply chain.
Equally, two (2) Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) launchers were also recovered from one 78yrs old Okala Joseph in Makurdi, Benue State. Investigations revealed that the suspect is a middleman between criminal suppliers of the weapon and the end-users. He is currently assisting the Police with vital information that will further help in breaking the supply chain and arresting other suspects.Frank Mba said in a statement.
Others paraded include alleged cross border criminals the Police described as a 4-man notorious trans-border arms smuggling syndicate in Cross River State.
“The principal suspect, Ntui Lambert ‘m’ 36-year-old native of Ikom, in Cross River state – whose father is a Nigerian and mother, a Cameroonian – was arrested in possession of different calibre of sophisticated weapons, 58 wraps of explosive materials suspected to be dynamite and ammunition through an intelligence-led operation by Police operatives.
“Further investigations by the Police team revealed that the suspect engages in trans-border arms smuggling with his three (3) other gang members who are members of a secessionist group in Cameroun.
“Similarly, is the arrest of one Yahaya Zakari a.k.a Excellency ‘m’ 46 years old in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
“Yahaya is a member of a cybercrime syndicate that specializes in stealing mobile phones of innocent citizens, and using their SIM cards to gain access to their bank accounts to carry out unauthorized financial transactions.
“Other members of his gang are Shehu Aliyu ‘m’ 22 years old, Umar Abubakar ‘m’ 42 years old and Abubakar Mohammed ‘m’ 41 years old. A total of One hundred and fifty-seven (157) SIM cards were recovered from the gang by the Police team.
“All the suspects will be charged to court on completion of investigations”, Frank Mba said.
It would be recalled there have been series of communal war resulting to killings between Fulani herdsmen and other residents in Benue state for years.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »