United Nations new report on Boko Haram activities indicated that the terrorists killed over 350,000 people in Nigeria Northeastern states in the past 12 years with 90 percent of the killings carried out in the recent 6 years of President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
The U.N agency, United Nations Development Programme in the report released in Abuja on Thursday and well publicized by International News Agencies and Media Houses indicated that the Boko Haram terrorists may kill up to 1.1 million people if the conflict continued to 2030.
U.N.D.P recent report about the 350,000 people killed by Boko Haram terrorists indicated that the Boko Haram killings have increased ten times higher than the U.N agency earlier report of 35,000 deaths representing more than 90 percent in the recent 6 years.
A Nigerian presidential spokesman declined to comment on the death toll.
Nigeria’s war with Islamist insurgencies Boko Haram and Islamic State’s West Africa Province has spawned one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises, with millions of people dependent on aid.
The conflict shows little sign of ending.quote from Reuters.
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, a retired general, is under pressure to end armed groups’ violence.quote from ALJAZEERA
But the security forces appear overwhelmed as they battle other security challenges, including herder-farmer clashes in the centre of the country, kidnapping and banditry in the northwest and separatist agitations in the south.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »