Buhari Unending Borrowing: China Takes Ownership Uganda Only International Air Port Over Unpaid Loan
Local Newspaper in Uganda reported that the government of President Yoweri Museveni has surrendered the only International Airport and other government assets to Chinese government over inability for the Africa country to pay back the money borrowed from China.
Daily Monitor newspaper in its report captioned; “Uganda Surrenders Only International Airport Over China Unpaid Cash” quoted the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority as saying Uganda only International Airport, Entebbe is exposed to a potential take over by China if the provisions in a financing agreement between the two countries are not amended.
Uganda in 2015 signed a deal with China Exim-Bank for a 207 million dollar loan to expand Entebbe International Airport and the Uganda government said to have waived international immunity to secure the loan.
The waiver gave China the rights to take over the airport without international protection or limitation.
Nigeria currently owes more than one trillion naira to China for the construction of motorable roads and railway and purchase of trains.
Nigeria Debt Management Office puts Nigeria debt profile as at June 30, 2021 at 86.5 billion dollar representing 35.4 trillion naira on the basis of 410 to a dollar exchange rate.
The statement from the Uganda Civil Authority is coming when the nation’s government officials fail to secure a new deal with China over possible renegotiation of the terms of contract or loan agreement.

Uganda Government ministers were reportedly under fire for the botched deal, with Finance Minister Matia Kasaija apologizing to parliament last week for the “mishandling” of the loan.
Work level at the airport, built in 1972, shows 75.2 per cent completion with two runways.
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority in its latest bulletin on its website said the Entebbe International Airport which is Uganda only international airport handles over 1.9 million passengers per year.


- Video ~ 416 Women, Children Beg For Help Day After US, Nigeria Killing ISIS Leader416 Women, Children Beg For Help Day After US, Nigeria Killing ISIS Leader https://osazuwaakonedo.news/416-women-children-beg-for-help-day-after-us-nigeria-killing-isis-leader/#AFN #Bola #Borno #BOSYA #Chad #Donald #Ngoshe … Read More “Video ~ 416 Women, Children Beg For Help Day After US, Nigeria Killing ISIS Leader” »
- OsazuwaAkonedo NinetySeconds ~ 416 Women, Children Beg For Help Day After US, Nigeria Killing ISIS Leader416 Women, Children Beg For Help Day After US, Nigeria Killing ISIS Leader https://osazuwaakonedo.news/416-women-children-beg-for-help-day-after-us-nigeria-killing-isis-leader/ #AFN #Bola #Borno #BOSYA #Chad #Donald #Ngoshe #Gwoza #Oyo #Sahel #Tinubu #Trump #US Barely a day after President Donald Trump of the United States of America, the USA announced the killing of Abu Bilal al-Minuki, the second in command of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, ISIS in a joint operation with Nigeria soldiers in Borno State, a new video of the abducted 416 women and children in Boko Haram captivity has been released in addition to a gory video earlier released by the terrorists wherein they beheaded almost six men who the insurgents said tried to escape among the kidnapped victims, this had led to public outcry and demonstrations, but according to Punch Newspaper, protesters are reportedly denied the rights to protest in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, saying, the Army reportedly deployed tanks and heavily armed personnel to Filling Polo, the venue of the recent planned protest, forcing the demonstrators to withdraw, quoting Samaila Kaigama, leader of the protesters, as saying; the atmosphere created by the military deployment made it impossible for citizens to continue with the demonstration, that the development is deeply disturbing in a constitutional democracy, it maybe recalled that we had reported that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria may have kept mute since more than 48 hours a faction of the Boko Haram terrorists showed off 416 people mostly women and children kidnapped and held hostage when the members of the Jama’atu Ahlis-Sunna Lidda’Awati Wal-Jihad, JAS, launched a large scale combat actions between 4th to 6th March 2026 against the men of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, AFN, overran the Africa country military base at Ngoshe, killing several soldiers, a figure the Nigeria authority disputed to be 14 after several reports indicated that more than 40 soldiers were killed during the attack, in addition to more than 100 civilians including Chief Iman of Ngoshe alongside the community elders killed during the coordinated attacks that lasted days at Ngoshe community in Gwoza local government area of Borno state, this, during the attacks, numbers of people were also taken hostage by the insurgents, with speculations indicating that the hostages are apparently being held at the rugged terrain of the Mandara Mountains, which sit wide across the Nigeria border with Cameroon, in the released video, one of the spokespersons of the Boko Haram group said they decided to release a proof of life video of the 416 women and children in their captivity, following the demands made across to them by the Borno South Youths Alliance, BOSYA, and according to the statement issued by the BOSYA when they made the video public on Friday April 10, 2026, the Youths group called on Federal Government and governments at all level to ensure the hostages are released, saying specifically that; “we have witnessed cases in states such as Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, and Kebbi where abducted victims regained freedom following interventions by individuals such as Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, we therefore expect equal urgency and commitment in addressing the plight of the Ngoshe victims, no region or group of citizens should be treated with less priority”. #OsazuwaAkonedo
- Woman Cries Out Over Army Cover Up Soldier Who Kill Hubby On Val Day In EdoMrs Irene Obumneme, a pregnant woman and the wife of Stephen Obumneme Nwosu who was allegedly shot dead on Valentine … Read More “Woman Cries Out Over Army Cover Up Soldier Who Kill Hubby On Val Day In Edo” »
- 416 Women, Children Beg For Help Day After US, Nigeria Killing ISIS LeaderBarely a day after President Donald Trump of the United States of America, the USA announced the killing of Abu … Read More “416 Women, Children Beg For Help Day After US, Nigeria Killing ISIS Leader” »
- Video ~ How I Prove My Mother Wrong Juju Can’t Hold One’s Destiny, Take Life – KAAHow I Prove My Mother Wrong Juju Can’t Hold One’s Destiny, Take Life – KAA https://osazuwaakonedo.news/how-i-prove-my-mother-wrong-juju-cant-hold-ones-destiny-take-life-kaa/ #Akujiobi #Anambra #AwoOmamma #Canada … Read More “Video ~ How I Prove My Mother Wrong Juju Can’t Hold One’s Destiny, Take Life – KAA” »
Discover more from OsazuwaAkonedo
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.














