We Did Not Arrest Any Buhari Must Go Protester In Our Church___DUNAMIS
ARREST AND DETENTION OF PROTESTERS__THE TRUTH YOU NEED
Our attention has been drawn to a misleading caption in the media space about the arrest and detention of some youths in our church on Sunday, 4 July, 2021.
The narrative being peddled is that some youths wearing T-shirts branded with the inscription “BUHARI MUST GO merely came to church and walked up to the altar as first timers, and were arrested by the church and handed to the D.S.S.
Nothing can be further from the truth.
The church holds three services every
Sunday, and the Senior Pastor, Dr. Paul Enenche pereaches in all the services.
After the sermon in the first service that Sunday, an altar call was made, to which many people came out, including the said youths, and nothing happened to them.
No one questioned the legality or otherwise of the inscription on their T-shirts.
However, soon after their departure from the altar, they swung into protest with blaring trumpets and saxophones right from the exit door of the church.
At the same time, the event was being covered and live-streamed with the background shots of the church building and those of the thronging crowd, both exiting and entering the
sanctuary for the next service.
The live streaming had the caption: “BUHARI MUST GO Campaign Hits Dunamis Church in Abuja.”
This appears intriguing for many reasons:
- No one knew who they were or where they came from.
- No one knew the organization they represented as well as their ultimate agenda until the D.S.S apprehended them.
- No standard rule of engagement was followed as they merely sneaked into the church and swung into protest on a holy day of service.
- Moreover, the church is not an activism ground, but a centre for the projection of
truth against all forms of evil. The church is non-political and non-partisan and
thus, not an appropriate ground for political protests. It is not the seat of government where those being protested against reside.
As intriguing as it was to a common onlooker, so was it to members of undercover security forces on the premises for routine duties.
Acting in their line of duty, the
D.S.S officials arrested the protesters.
For the records, the Senior Pastor, Dr. Paul Enenche who was engagecd in preaching the sermon in the second service was not privy to the unfolding development, let alone giving the order for their arrest.
We wish to state categorically that Dunamis International Gospel Centre has no hands in the arrest and detention of the said youths as
they were arrested outside the premises of the church.
“The church has no right to
arrest and detain people, and has no detention custody.
The right of arrest and
detention resides with government security agencies.
The church of Christ, over the course of human history, has remained resolute in her advocacy for human right, justice and freedom.
The Senior Pastor, Dr. Paul
Enenche is known for his relentless voice against oppression, injustice and evil in the country at all levels.
The Church is also actively engaged in praying and fasting for good governance as well as an end to all forms of evil in the country.
The church that is praying and acvocating for a free, just, orderly and peaceful society cannot but
help to further the cause of justice, order and peace in the land.
@views exclusive rights: Adah Ochowechi, For Dunamis International Gospel Centre, July 6, 2021.
- Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLCNigeria Labour Congress, NLC has said it considered among others the social political mood in Nigeria arising from the last … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLC” »
- Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In BelgorodSympathizers who identified themselves as Russia citizens against President Vladimir Putin war in Ukraine have released videos showing captured Russia … Read More “Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In Belgorod” »
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »
- Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In BelgorodOne of the Sympathizer groups, Liberty of Russia Legion fighting Russia military in favour of Ukraine has accused President Vladimir … Read More “Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In Belgorod” »