I was a single father when I was first sworn into the Senate. I had two young boys, and we’d just lost their mom and sister.
If I hadn’t had the family I had, I couldn’t have done it — and not everybody has that kind of support. It’s why child care is so important.
My Build Back Better agenda will expand access to quality, affordable child care with new and upgraded facilities across the country.
Middle-class families will pay no more than 7% of their income for high-quality care for children up to age 5.
The most hard-pressed working families won’t pay a dime.
And, my plan will invest in the child care workforce with better wages, benefits, and training opportunities. It will also give parents with the option to take an up to $8,000 tax credit to cover their child care expenses.
That’s good for families and good for our economy, because we know that child care options boost women’s labor force participation, while helping children grow up healthier, do better in school, and earn more over the course of their lifetimes.
@views exclusive rights: Joe Biden, United States of America President, July 7, 2021.
- Unknown Gunmen Open Fire On Fun Seekers In Anambra, 11 Dead, Others KidnappedUnknown Gunmen on Sunday night invaded Porsche hotel along new Oba-Nnewi road at Oba Community in Idemili North local government … Read More “Unknown Gunmen Open Fire On Fun Seekers In Anambra, 11 Dead, Others Kidnapped” »
- NDLEA Invades Wedding Ceremony, Arrests Groom, GuestsBy Femi Babafemi National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA officers; acting on intelligence, disrupted a pre-wedding ceremony drug abuse competition … Read More “NDLEA Invades Wedding Ceremony, Arrests Groom, Guests” »
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »