President Muhammadu Buhari in a nation wide broadcast this morning to mark the June 12 Democracy Day, said his administration has created direct and indirect 10 million jobs to address unemployment and poverty in Nigeria.
15. Interventions led by Government and the Central Bank of Nigeria driving economic growth over the past 6 years are targeted mostly to the agricultural, services, infrastructure, power and health care sectors of the economy.
16.In the Agricultural sector, for instance, the Anchor Borrowers Programme resulted in sharp decline in the nation’s major food import bill from 2.23 billion dollar in 2014 to US 0.59 billion dollar by the end of 2018.
17.Rice import bill alone dropped from 1 billion dollar to 18.5 million dollar annually.
18.This initiative supported local production of rice, maize, cotton and cassava. Government financed 2.5 million small-holder farmers cultivating about 3.2 million hectares of farmland all over the country and created 10 million direct and indirect jobs.
19.Several other initiatives, namely AgriBusiness/Small and Medium Enterprise Investment Scheme, the Non-oil Export stimulation Facility, the Targeted Credit Facilities operated across the 774 Local Governments.
20.In the manufacturing sector the C.B.N – B.O.I 200 billion Naira facility financed the establishment and operations of 60 new industrial hubs across the country, creating an estimated 890,000 direct and indirect jobs.
- How We Arrested Boko Haram Ammo Technician – DHQ
- Buhari Meets Freed 23 Abuja-Kaduna Train Victims, Thanks Nigeria Soldiers
- Woman Held By NAPTIP For Beating Maid To Death Now In Our Custody – Police
- Stay Away From Politics – GOC Cautions Soldiers
- FG Masterminded Ifeanyi Ubah’s Attack To Blackmail Us – IPOB
- Video Showing David Umahi Ordered Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants Doctored – APC
- Video Suggests David Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants Over Lateness To Work In Ebonyi
- Lagos Increases All Workers Salaries To Fight Nigeria Inflation, Rising Cost Of Living
- IGP Builds Police Stations With Air Conditioners
- IPOB Warns Atiku
- [Watch Video] Oby Ezekwesili: Maybe Buhari Sent Kankara Science Students On Excursion To Terrorists
- [Watch Full Video]Mcedopikin: Instead Of Spending Money On Side Chicks, Appreciate Your Family
- [Video]Police Parade Items Recovered From Yoruba Nation Protesters
- [Video] Yul Edochie ‘Peppers’ Fans
- [Video] We Have No Hand In Christian Ehima’s Death, Behavior Aggravated Sighting His Mother In Edo – Nigerian Army
- [Video] We Are Responsible For Kuje Prison Break – ISWAP
- [Video] Vigilante Kill 5 Persons Accused of Kidnapping In Edo, Human Rights Group Petitions IGP, Says 5 Burnt To Death Were Labourers, Victim Of False Information
- [Video] Unknown Soldiers Protect Asari Dokubo With RPG, Machine Guns, Other Weapons In Buguma, Rivers State
- [VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen On Rampage In Enugu, Surviving Policeman In Shock As 3 Colleagues, Others Killed At Checkpoint
- [VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen In Show Of Force At Ihiala, Display 4 Security Men Dead Bodies