President Muhammadu Buhari has said Nigeria is now actually a great a nation as a result of the unprecedented achievements and evidence of good living his government has brought for the people.
The 102 paragraph of the nation wide broadcast speech presented by President Muhammadu Buhari this morning to mark Nigeria 61st Independence day anniversary, the president emphasized that it has been the anxiety of many Nigerians on the inability of Nigeria to go beyond a never ending expectation of becoming a great nation to actually becoming great country under his administration.
“I fully understand the anxiety of many Nigerians on the inability of this country to go beyond a never-ending potential for becoming a great nation to an actually great one.
“A lot has been achieved in the last six years on many fronts: in infrastructure, social care, governance, Nigeria’s image and influence in Africa and the international community.
“But critics misdiagnose incremental progress as stagnation. Since coming to power, this Administration has tackled our problems head-on in spite of the meagre resources. No government since 1999 has done what we have done in six years to put Nigeria back on track.
“We shall continue to serve the country: listen to all and protect our democracy and country”, President Muhammadu Buhari said.
The October 1st Independence day speech is coming barely 72 hours after unknown gunmen killed Doctor Chike Akunyili, the husband and widower of the initiator and promoter of the “Nigeria: Good People Great Nation” rebranding campaign launched in March 2009, late Professor Dora Akunyili while she was then the Minister of Information.
Many International businesses have lost interest in Nigeria since President Muhammadu Buhari came into power in 2015 while some exiting ones have closed shops making millions of Nigerians jobless.
President Muhammadu Buhari has been seen using executive power to force international business to have physical present in Nigeria seemingly to save face from the bad image Nigeria has suffered under his administration internationally.
Twitter like some other international businesses chose other Africa countries for investments against Nigeria where they have larger part of their patronage in the Africa Continent.
President Muhammadu Buhari today said as part of the conditions to lift ban on Twitter, he has requested among others that the International social media platform must have physical present and representation in Nigeria.
“Following the suspension of Twitter operations, Twitter (Incorporated) reached out to the Federal Government of Nigeria to resolve the impasse.
“Subsequently, I constituted a Presidential Committee to engage Twitter to explore the possibility of resolving the issue.
“The Committee, along with its Technical Team, has engaged with Twitter and have addressed a number of key issues. These are:
a. National Security and Cohesion;
b. Registration, Physical presence and Representation;
c. Fair Taxation;
d. Dispute Resolution; and
e. Local Content.
Following the extensive engagements, the issues are being addressed and I have directed that the suspension be lifted but only if the conditions are met to allow our citizens continue the use of the platform for business and positive engagements”, said President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Crowd As EFCC Auctions Seized Vehicles11 views By Press Unit Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has commenced the auction of a total of 435 cars, which are subjects of final forfeiture orders in Lagos, in line with the EFCC (Establishment) Act 2004; Public Procurement Act 2007 and the Proceeds of Crimes (Recovery and Management) Act 2022 The exercise scheduled… Continue
- Why I Have Confidence In APC – Mercy Johnson11 views By Mercy Johnson Earlier today, I joined His Excellency, Babajide Sanwo-Olu @jidesanwoolu and the incredible women leaders that make up the APC ‘Women Presidential Campaign Team’ at the APC women Southwest Rally. As a woman, wife to an APC candidate @princeodiokojie and mother, I am confident in the APC plan for women which… Continue
- Residents In Fear Over Friday-Wednesday Sit-at-home Order As Unknown Gunmen Kill, Kidnap Vigilantes In Ihiala12 views It was a night of war and rain of bullets on Tuesday at Mbarapaka quarters in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State as Unknown Gunmen kill and kidnap numbers of Anambra Vigilantes Group, AVG. It was gathered that the Unknown Gunmen around 10 pm invaded the building housing the offices of the… Continue
- Ignore Friday 9th-Wednesday 14th Sit-at-home Order – IPOB10 views By Emma Powerful Global family and movement of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) under the command and leadership of our great prophet and indefatigable liberator Mazi Nnamdi Okwuchukwu KANU wish to state unequivocally to the people of Biafra, friends of Biafra, and lovers of Biafra freedom that IPOB leadership did not issue… Continue
- Gombe Elders Meet Buhari Over Kolmani Oil Discovery14 views By Femi Adesina A delegation of political, religious and business leaders from Gombe State was at State House, Abuja, Tuesday to appreciate President Muhammadu Buhari for his role in the discovery of oil in commercial quantity in the Kolmani area. The President jocularly told them: “Thank you for coming to say thank you… Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]