President Muhammadu Buhari has said Nigeria is now actually a great a nation as a result of the unprecedented achievements and evidence of good living his government has brought for the people.
The 102 paragraph of the nation wide broadcast speech presented by President Muhammadu Buhari this morning to mark Nigeria 61st Independence day anniversary, the president emphasized that it has been the anxiety of many Nigerians on the inability of Nigeria to go beyond a never ending expectation of becoming a great nation to actually becoming great country under his administration.
“I fully understand the anxiety of many Nigerians on the inability of this country to go beyond a never-ending potential for becoming a great nation to an actually great one.
“A lot has been achieved in the last six years on many fronts: in infrastructure, social care, governance, Nigeria’s image and influence in Africa and the international community.
“But critics misdiagnose incremental progress as stagnation. Since coming to power, this Administration has tackled our problems head-on in spite of the meagre resources. No government since 1999 has done what we have done in six years to put Nigeria back on track.
“We shall continue to serve the country: listen to all and protect our democracy and country”, President Muhammadu Buhari said.
The October 1st Independence day speech is coming barely 72 hours after unknown gunmen killed Doctor Chike Akunyili, the husband and widower of the initiator and promoter of the “Nigeria: Good People Great Nation” rebranding campaign launched in March 2009, late Professor Dora Akunyili while she was then the Minister of Information.
Many International businesses have lost interest in Nigeria since President Muhammadu Buhari came into power in 2015 while some exiting ones have closed shops making millions of Nigerians jobless.
President Muhammadu Buhari has been seen using executive power to force international business to have physical present in Nigeria seemingly to save face from the bad image Nigeria has suffered under his administration internationally.
Twitter like some other international businesses chose other Africa countries for investments against Nigeria where they have larger part of their patronage in the Africa Continent.
President Muhammadu Buhari today said as part of the conditions to lift ban on Twitter, he has requested among others that the International social media platform must have physical present and representation in Nigeria.
“Following the suspension of Twitter operations, Twitter (Incorporated) reached out to the Federal Government of Nigeria to resolve the impasse.
“Subsequently, I constituted a Presidential Committee to engage Twitter to explore the possibility of resolving the issue.
“The Committee, along with its Technical Team, has engaged with Twitter and have addressed a number of key issues. These are:
a. National Security and Cohesion;
b. Registration, Physical presence and Representation;
c. Fair Taxation;
d. Dispute Resolution; and
e. Local Content.
Following the extensive engagements, the issues are being addressed and I have directed that the suspension be lifted but only if the conditions are met to allow our citizens continue the use of the platform for business and positive engagements”, said President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Nnamdi Kanu To Unknown Gunmen: We Are Fighting To Defend Our People, Not To Kill Them8 views Detained Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has called on Unknown Gunmen and other civilian armed groups responsible for the insecurity in the southeast states also known and referred to as Biafra land to desist from activities causing loss of lives in the states. Nnamdi Kanu made the Continue
- JungleJustice: Pregnant Woman Stabbed In Imo, Not Dead – Police7 views Imo State Command of the Nigeria Police Force has said that the Pregnant Woman, Mrs Sandra Onyema allegedly stabbed to death by an angry youth, Chikere Okoro at Nekede area of Owerri, the Imo State capital recently is alive, and she’s not dead as rumoured by sympathisers that led to the suspect almost Continue
- Buhari To APC Officials: Be Truthful, Fair To All9 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday in Abuja said leadership of All Progressives Congress (APC) will sustain the hearing and healing process that it started to ensure fairness, justice and oneness before the 2023 general elections. In an audience with some APC senators on the outcome of the party primaries and its Continue
- I’m Ending My Marriage Because I Don’t Want To Leave As A Corpse – ChaCha Eke24 views Since the death of Osinachi Nwachukwu, the Ekwueme music star, Nigerians are becoming more concerned about married women who are experiencing domestic violence in their marriage to quit. The latest to demonstrate the courage for obvious self defence to protest her life against possible life threatening marriage, is a Nollywood actress, ChaCha EkeFaani, Continue
- No Pregnant Woman In Our Custody – EFCC5 views By Press Unit The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been drawn to some reports in a section of the media, alleging that the Commission is detaining “a pregnant woman, nursing mother, others, over vote – buying”, consequent on some arrests made in the wake of the recent governorship Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]